Welcome to another Monday and we have had a big week of “PRP on the web”. This week featured another MLB pitcher choosing this form of treatment, another great story about PRP for hair loss and some other news videos to watch.
Continue reading for all the stories we found and gathered this week surrounding PRP.
Garrett Richards Choose PRP Injection
A key starting pitcher for the Los Angeles Angels, Garrett Richards, has opted to have PRP injections instead of surgery on his right elbow. Richards is only 27 years old and would like to avoid surgery if possible. We will see how his PRP for elbow treatment works out. You can find other athletes that have had PRP treatments here. FantasyPros does a good job of breaking down his injury into more detail.
PRP for Hair Loss Presentation
We read articles all over about PRP for hair loss. But, one clinic put together a cool online presentation explaining this treatment.
KHON 2 News Story
KHON 2 out of Honolulu, Hawaii recently did a news piece about PRP Treatments for sports medicine type injuries. You can read that article and watch it here. Or watch the video below:
- Regenerative medicine definitely has promise.
- Calibrated Automated Thrombin Generation in Frozen-Thawed Platelet-Rich Plasma to Detect Hypercoagulability. Read this paper here.
- Ran across some forum discussion about PRP as a treatment option.
- Olympic hopeful and former University of Oregon athlete, Sam Crouser, trains for upcoming javelin events. Had PRP on his knee months ago.
- A nice Q/A with Dr. Pinzon of Practical Pain Management about how to prevent chronic injuries in sports.
- The wound care market is growing at a rapid pace, led by Diabetic Ulcers.
- A new case study was done about the application of platelet rich plasma in the treatment of deep dermal burns.
- Tennis fans should check out this awesome piece on Bleacher Report about Federer and Nadal and how their bodies are breaking down. It does mention how Nadal was smart to use platelet rich plasma treatment for his injuries.
- Olympic hopeful runner Rachel Seaman is doing everything she can to heal her ailing hamstring in time for the Olympics. Including PRP therapy.
- Very informative piece by Dr. Joseph Guettler about the latest trends in treating tendons and tendonitis.
- Has Gwen Stefani had PRP treatment for facial rejuvenation or the Vampire Facelift?
NAMES IN THE NEWS USING PRP
- Garrett Richards (Right Handed starting pitcher for the Los Angeles Angels)
- Sam Crouse (Javelin thrower)
- Rachel Seaman (Olympic hopeful runner)
Hopefully you enjoyed this weeks edition of PRP in the news. As you can see, the amount of people having PRP treatments done successfully is growing every day. If you are looking for some help in your area — check out our PRP doctor directory here.