Not a lot of PRP in the news this past week but we still have a small roundup for you. If you every run across or publish a story you would like us to mention or cover in more detail, please contact us right away with the link.
Nadal Withdraws from French Open
The big story this week surrounded the tennis French Open. Nine Time champion, Rafael Nadal was forced to withdraw from the tournament due to a wrist injury. Nadal has used PRP in the past and says it’s an option to help heal this nagging tendon injury as well.
MORE PRP STORIES
- Josh Hamilton to miss remainder of MLB season. Hamilton had a couple PRP Treatments done during Spring Training.
- Phillipines basketball star withdraws name from Gilas pool as he needs to have PRP injection therapy done on his knee. As a follow up to this story, another of the top players may have to miss the qualifier, as Paul Lee is experiencing knee issues as well that have and will require PRP treatment.
- Travis d’Arnaud is recovering nicely after having PRP treatment for his rotator cuff injury earlier this month. He is progressing and may be back sooner than later.
- A couple doctors did a “case study” on PRP and specifically how it worked for Steph Curry. It’s called, “PRP or Not to PRP“.
- A nice article about the Platelet Rich Plasma market report for the next 7+ years.
- Western Libraries does some studies on Platelet Rich Plasma In Musculoskeletal Pathologies.
NAMES IN THE NEWS USING PRP
- Josh Hamilton
- Paul Lee
- Travis d’Arnaud
- Rafael Nadal