What is PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)?
It’s a procedure in which platelet rich plasma is drawn from your own blood to be used for medical treatments such as nerve damage, bone repair and regeneration, dental and cosmetic procedures. Over the past years, PRP injection procedure had also been recognized as useful and effective in Dermatology.
By injecting into the skin, PRP is useful in cell restoration and in speeding up the healing process. The result is youthful, rejuvenated skin. PRP skin rejuvenation is commonly applied to the face, neck, chest, and hands. Common skin problems in the face and neck area such as wrinkles, photodamage, and discoloration can be treated by PRP injections.
Facial Rejuvenation PRP Injection Procedure
30-60cc of blood is collected from the patient to draw platelet rich plasma. The blood is then placed and carefully processed in a centrifuge to separate the platelet rich plasma from the red and white cells. It is then added with an activating agent and then injected in the face and neck area. The concept behind PRP injections is to apply a high concentration to an aging area to stimulate of cell reproduction and healing.
Do’s and Don’ts BEFORE the PRP Treatment
- Do eat a light meal before the treatment, having a treatment on empty stomach may cause dizziness
- Do keep hydrated
- Don’t take any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen for this may cause an impairment in the platelet normal clotting function.
- Don’t wear makeup on the day of treatment
Do’s and Don’ts AFTER the PRP Treatment
- Do resume normal daily activities after the treatment.
- Don’t expose yourself too much under the sun for 2-3 days.
- Don’t expose yourself to hot or cold temperature for 2-3 days. This include sauna, hot shower, Jacuzzi.
- Don’t go swimming for 2-3 days.
- Don’t exercise or do any strenuous activities for the first 24 hours.
- Don’t undergo for any facial treatments for 2 weeks.
PRP Skin Rejuvenation Results
You can expect improvement in skin tone, texture, and elasticity within 3 weeks after undergoing PRP treatment. It will continue to improve for the next 3 months.
PRP is a preferred treatment among doctors and patients. It doesn’t have any hypersensitivity or allergic reactions since the substance used is not a foreign body.
Author: Dr. Maria Deanna T. Moreno
Clinic name: Shinagawa Lasik and Aesthetics
You may get free consultation of PRP treatment at Shinagawa Lasik and Aesthetics by signing up in the booking form at our website.